1. Find a property that interests you.
2. Contact us to schedule a showing. We strongly recommend viewing the property in person before applying to rent it, so that you can make sure the rental meets your needs!
3. Submit an application to rent the property. You can do this here on our website by searching for the property and clicking “APPLY”, or you can complete a printed application and bring/mail it to our office.
- We require a $35 non-refundable fee* per applicant, and anyone age 18 or older who will be living at the property will need to apply.
- Application fees may be paid online at the time you apply, or if you submit a printed application, you may pay with a cashier’s check or money order.
- Applications will not be reviewed until the application fee has been paid.
- ***PLEASE SPEAK WITH ONE OF OUR ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGERS ABOUT THE STATUS OF OUR RENTALS PRIOR TO APPLYING! THIS WILL HELP YOU AVOID PAYING TO RENT A PROPERTY THAT HAS AN APPROVED APPLICATION!***
4. We will review your application and reach out for any additional documentation needed for your application to be considered complete. Completed applications will be reviewed based on the date they are received. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
5. If your application is approved, a security deposit will be required within 72 hours to hold the rental. If we do not receive your security deposit in that timeframe, we will proceed with another applicant.
*While application fees are non-refundable, you may apply them toward your application for another one of our rental properties if someone beats you to your first choice or you change your mind about the property you originally wanted to rent.
We run a screening on every applicant (18+ years old). Additional documentation, such as rental history and job/income verification, is also required for an application to be considered complete. We will not review an application until we have all of the information requested.
Every application is considered individually, but we take the following general criteria into account when reviewing completed rental applications:
- Rental history – Positive rental history. No repeated late payments, evictions due to non-payment of rent, or outstanding collections owed to apartment communities. Consideration given based upon frequency of late payments and how long ago they took place, and reasons for eviction.
- Monthly income – Gross income equal to three times monthly rent. May be negotiable for an otherwise ideal applicant or with other financial documentation.
- Employment – Minimum 1 year at current job, with the ability to produce pay stubs or documentation of consistent wages. Length of time at current job or self-employment may be negotiable for an otherwise ideal candidate with additional proof of stable finances or other income.
- Criminal records – No convictions for drug manufacturing, trafficking, or distribution. No felony convictions in which sentencing occurred in the past seven (7) years involving property damage, injury to persons, or failure to pay amounts owed for which restitution has not been made or for which documentation of sufficient rehabilitation is not provided by the applicant. Special consideration regarding criminal history may be given based upon the nature/severity of crime, how long ago it took place, and applicant’s age at the time.
- Credit report – Low debt-to-income ratio with no outstanding collections. Minimum credit score of 600 (may be negotiable for an otherwise ideal application). Consideration may be given to those with no credit history or scores affected by medical situations, provided the rest of the application falls in line with our criteria.
Applications that meet most of our criteria may be approved with conditions, such as having a co-signor on the lease and/or being required to pay a double security deposit or several months’ rent up front.
If you have any questions about how to apply to rent a property or what information will be reviewed, please contact our office at 502.373.1299.