1. Find a property that interests you.
2. Contact us to schedule a showing. We strongly recommend viewing the property in person before applying to rent it, so that you can make sure the rental meets your needs! Note that we will be moving to self-showings at some properties due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Submit an application to rent the property. You can do this here on our website by searching for the property and clicking “APPLY”. We require a $50 non-refundable fee* per applicant, and anyone age 18 or older who will be living at the property will need to apply. Please speak with our team about the status of the property BEFORE you apply – we might be in the final stages of approving someone else’s application.
4. We will review your application and reach out for additional documentation needed for your application to be considered complete. Completed applications will be reviewed based on the date they are received. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Once we have all the information required, we aim to provide you with a response within 72 hours (3 business days).
5. If your application is approved, a security deposit (usually equal to one month’s rent), a $99 move-in fee, and the first month’s rent will be required within 72 hours to hold the rental. If we do not receive your security deposit, rent, and move-in fee in that timeframe, we will proceed with another applicant.
*While application fees are non-refundable, you may apply them toward your application for another one of our rental properties if someone beats you to your first choice or you change your mind about the property you originally wanted to rent.
6. Our team will follow up to schedule your move-in date, during which we’ll do a walk-through inspection to document the condition of the property with you. All move-in’s will typically take place Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm.
We run a screening on every applicant (18+ years old). Additional documentation, such as rental history and job/income verification, is also required for an application to be considered complete. We will not review an application until we have all of the information requested.
Every application is considered individually, but we take the following general criteria into account when reviewing completed rental applications:
- Rental history – Positive rental history. No repeated late payments, evictions due to non-payment of rent, or outstanding collections owed to apartment communities. Consideration given based upon frequency of late payments and how long ago they took place, and reasons for eviction.
- Monthly income – Net income equal to three times monthly rent. May be negotiable for an otherwise ideal applicant or with other financial documentation.
- Financial history – In most cases, applicants who have filed for bankruptcy in the last 12 months will not be approved.
- Employment – Minimum 1 year at current job, with the ability to produce pay stubs or documentation of consistent wages. Length of time at current job or self-employment may be negotiable for an otherwise ideal candidate with additional proof of stable finances or other income.
- Criminal records – No convictions for drug manufacturing, trafficking, or distribution. No felony convictions in which sentencing occurred in the past seven (7) years involving property damage, injury to persons, or failure to pay amounts owed for which restitution has not been made or for which documentation of sufficient rehabilitation is not provided by the applicant. Special consideration regarding criminal history will be given based upon the nature/severity of crime, how long ago it took place, and applicant’s age at the time.
- Credit report – Low debt-to-income ratio with no outstanding collections. Minimum credit score of 600 (may be negotiable for an otherwise ideal application). Consideration may be given to those with no credit history or scores affected by medical situations, provided the rest of the application falls in line with our criteria.
Applications that meet most but not all of our criteria may be approved with conditions, such as having a co-signor on the lease and/or being required to pay a double security deposit or several months’ rent up front.
If you have any questions about how to apply to rent a property or what information will be reviewed, please contact our office at 502.373.1299.